In August 2013, Cameron Lawson and Iris Vandenham repeat the 2011 Lost Coast South route (Yakutat to Gustavus), 200 miles in 13 days.
By Cameron Lawson
The Camera and Video equipment I took on the Lost Coast South tour in Alaska was minimal. I would have liked to have brought more gear, but gear is bulky, adds weight and I felt I’d be able to accomplish a lot with this tiny arsenal of essentials.
- The Canon 5D Mark ll is my body of choice.
- The lens is a Canon EF 24-70/2.8 USM.
- I also had a GoPro HERO3 Black Edition with various mounts.
- I brought a couple extra batteries for each, plus Delkin 64GB HD & SD cards for the trip.
- The Thule Medium TopLoader provided protection during miles of bumpy travel. On my last trip, I clipped the bag to the handlebars and it hung over the neck like a gas tank….perfect for quick access.
Want to learn more about my adventures? Check out my dispatches at National Geographic Adventure.